University of Lleida (Spain)
Graduate in physical education. Spain Degree awarding entity: National Institute of Physical Education MADRID (Universidad Polytechnic Madrid);
Doctorate programme: PhD Philosophy and Education Degree awarding entity: University Barcelona Spain: Thesis title: From game to sport. The case of Skittles game in Pla de Urgell (Lleida, Spain). Finalist extraordinary awards best doctoral thesis University of Barcelona.
Expert course (postgraduate) in university teaching. Inter-university course organized by the University of Lleida, Barcelona, Rovira i Virgili i Girona.
Master in Emotional Intelligence in Organizations Organising (Universidad de Lleida).
- Professor at the INEFC-Lleida (University of Lleida) in the speciality of theory and practice of traditional games since the 2006-07.
- Lecturer at INEFC-Lleida (University of Lleida) of traditional game theory and practice from 1990 to 2006.
- Director of the postgraduate course: Traditional Games. Applications in Education and Recreation. University of Lleida. 1999
- Co-director of the PhD programme on physical sports activities in the natural environment (INEFC, University of Lleida) 2001-2008
- Member of the academic commission of the PhD programme in physical activity and sport (PhD School of the University of Lleida, since 2014 -). Representative of the research line in traditional sports games.
- Professor of doctoral programs and official masters in Spain, Europe and America. Main topic. Research on Traditional Games and Sports.
- Director of Summer School on Traditional Games. Culture Department of Catalonia Government and Universities of Catalonia. 2000-2010.
- Advisor Catalan Government Culture Department on Traditional Games
Type of Teaching: Innovative Teacher Training and New Technology Courses
- Director of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). Learning to live together through games.
Professional experience. Other functions
- Dean at INEFC-Lleida (Universidad de Lleida) from 1995 to 1999;
- Deputy Academic Director at INEFC-(Universidad de Lleida) from 1992-1995;
- Academic coordinator of the new INEFC degree in physical activity and sports sciences (2007-2013);
- Currently Deputy Director of Research at INEFC, University of Lleida (2014-...).
- Director of the Laboratory of Motor Praxeology of INEFC-Lleida and of the Research Group on Traditional Games (GIAM) of the INEFC, University of Lleida, recognised by the Agency for the Management of University and Research Grants (AGAUR, code: SGR 2017-197).
- Member of the Groupe de Recherche Techniques et Enjeux du Corps -TEC EA 3625- (University of Paris V).
- Member of the Research Institute for Social Development and Territory (INDEST) of the University of Lleida.
- Member of scientific committees of several Specialized Scientific Journals and international congresses on Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sport, Traditional Games.
- Director of several Research Projects funded by Official Bodies in Catalonia, Spain, Europe and Latin America in the field of Traditional Games.
- Coordinator of the Erasmus+ Project: Bridge Project (2017-2018). Promotion of Intercultural Dialogue through Traditional Sports and Games. Funding entity: Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) Code: 579616-EPP-1-2016-1-EN-SPO-SSCP. Start-End date: 01/01/2017 - 31/12/2018 Duration: 2 years Participating entity/entities: Institut Nacional d'Educació Física de Catalunya (INEFC).
- Coordinator of the Erasmus+ Project: TOGETHER: Promotion of traditional European sports and games, Together for inclusive intercultural dialogue. Funding entity or bodies: Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) Code: 602910-EPP-1-2018-1-ES-SP Start-End date: 01/01/2019 - 31/12/2020 Duration: 2 years Participating entity/entities: Institut Nacional d'Educació Física de Catalunya (INEFC).
- Coordinator project: "Play your heart, share your culture. "European Culture in the Light of Traditional Sports and Games". European Union. Culture 2000 Code according to the funding entity: CH/A1/ES-445 2005 - 2006 Total amount: 118.254,11 €
- Coordinator of several Projects awarded by Official Institutions in Spain: example: coordinated project awarded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation of Spain.
- Participant in several international Projects related to: a) inventory of Traditional Sports and Games; b) Study of effects of Traditional Sports and Games on Emotional Wellbeing, Relational Wellbeing; Conflicts; Gender Equality;
Scientific Journals: Board Editor Committee
- Member of Editorial Board Committee and Scientific Committee of different specialized International Journals on Physical education and in the field of Traditional Games. Scientific Journals from Europe, Asia, America.
- Member Deputy Editor Revista Apunts Physical Education.
Evaluator of Official Research Projects
- Evaluator of research projects of the Ministry of Science and Education of Spain; Brazil and European Union
International Congresses, Seminars
- President of International Seminars and Conferences on physical education and in the field of Traditional Games organized in Europe.
- Member of Scientific Committee in International Seminars and congresses in Europe, Africa, Asia, America.
EXPERIENCE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS (TRADITIONAL SPORTS AND GAMES)
- President (since 2017) and founding member (2001) of the European Association of Traditional Games and Sports (AEJeST/ ETSGA www.jugage.com)
- Vice President and founding member (2009) of the International Association of Traditional Games and Sports (ITSGA).
- Founding member of the International Association of Motor Praxeology (AIPRAM).
- Member of UNESCO's Ad-hoc Advisory Committee for safeguarding and Promoting of Traditional Sports and Games (2017). Chairman of working group towards Policy Guidelines for Committee for safeguarding and Promoting of Traditional Sports and Games.