On behalf of the symposium organizing committee, we would like to once again invite you to attend our annual international symposium "XI. International Traditional Sports and Games (TSG) Symposium on Nov 4-5, 2022, Gaziantep, Turkiye". We proudly partnered with many international universities and organizations in the last several years for this symposium. The symposium is organized by a joint effort by World Ethnosport Confederation, Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality, Gaziantep University in Turkiye, and Bowie State University in the USA this year.
The symposium aims to conduct scientific examinations and discuss the issues related to traditional sports and games comprehensively and develop sustainable applications for the survival of their existence in line with the conditions of our times. The symposium will be a means of gathering researchers on the subject, producing knowledge, and evaluating existing information with new perspectives, and the presented papers will be printed to contribute to the benefit of the scientific world.
TOPICS OF THE SYMPOSIUM (Some of the topics but not limited to)
• The historical formation, transformation, and transfer of the traditional sports games of the Eurasian nomadic peoples to other cultures;
• The militarily-structure of nomadic peoples in the world and the emergence of sports games;
• Implementation of traditional sports and games in the school settings and physical education
• The role of ethno-pedagogy in the development of ethnic sports of nomadic peoples in the world;
• The role of folk medicine and traditional nutrition in the development of sports games of nomadic peoples in the World;
• Reflection of traditional sports games on the art of cultures in the World;
• Reflection of traditional sports games in written sources, folklore, and literature of cultures in the World;
• The rebirth of ethnic sports games in Turkish peoples and their relatives in Central Asia, the Balkans, and the Caucasus;
• The scope of the etymology- terminology, rituals, evolution/transformation, national characteristics, meaninglessness, cultural aspects, and functions of traditional games and sports in the world.
XXIII Encuentro Nacional de Juegos y Deportes Autóctonos y Tradicionales.
Del 7 al 11 de septiembre, Hermosillo, Sonora 2022 . Centro Histórico
EXPERTS MEETING AT THE 6TH INTERNATIONAL PLJOČKE FESTIVAL,
Svetvincenat, 9th to 10th September 2022 The future of traditional games and sports: investing in education
The transfer of knowledge and skills related to traditional games and sports is crucial for their safeguarding. Without players, this cultural heritage has no future. In addition to the natural transfer of skills, which takes place in the family or in the community, formal and non-formal education is one of the key safeguarding measures.
This year's professional gathering, which is being held for the fourth time as an integral part of the Pljočke Festival in Svetvincenat, is dedicated to education and traditional games and sports. What kind of relations they had, what is their status today and what are the potentials of this intersectoral cooperation, are the questions we ask the bearers of this skill, scientists, cultural figures, teachers ...
Presentation proposals of 3 thematic units are accepted:
- Traditional games and sports in education: - historical sources - examples of good practice - application of new theories in the development of future curricula / intersectoral collaborations; - manuals
- Education as a measure of safeguarding of traditional games and sports: - integration of TSG in teaching with the aim of safeguarding; examples of good practice - formal education challenges in the context of preservation of the TSG; - manuals
- Traditional games and sports as a medium of knowledge transfer / as a pedagogical method: - TSG and strengthening competencies in children and young people - TSG and intercultural dialogue among children and young people - TSG and other elements of intangible cultural heritage in teaching
The deadline for submitting the abstracts is July 31, 2022. IMPORTANT !!! Lectures are limited to 15 minutes. Speakers are asked to respect the time limit. Papers will be published in the COLLECTION OF PAPERS no. 4.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE: dr.sc. Tamara Nikolic Djeric, Dr. Pere Lavega Burgués, Dr. Kazimierz Waluch
ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE: Milivoj Pacenti; Tamara Perković, prof; Igor Jovanović, prof
Invitation to International Virtual Panel and Call for a book chapter;
FROM PAST TO PRESENT: TRADITIONAL ARCHERY IN THE WORLD, June 26, 2022
19 May Commemoration of Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day Ethnosport Competition 2022
Hosted by The Embassy of the Republic of Türkiye in Dhaka & International Ethnosport Bangladesh Association on 19 May 2022
XIV Encuentro de Juegos y Deportes Autoctonos y Tradicionales 2022, Milpa Alta, Ciudad de Mexico, Junio 4 y 5
Premios Deportes y Juegos, Motores Autóctonos y Tradicionales de Canarias, 23 Mayo 2022, Teatro Leal, San Cristóbal De la Laguna
National Open Online Traditional Martial Arts Seminar, Pakistan Traditional Sports and Games Association.
The Second National Boomerang Championship 2021, India, Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur, Tamil Nadu, 20th-21th November 2021
Photos from District level Boomerang championship which took place at Tiruvallur district.
Thank you INDO-BOOMERANG ASSOCIATION, Partner of Traditional Sports, for great photos.
We'd like to invite you!
The International Valari Federation is a partner of Traditional Sports.
Happy to inform you that INDIAN VALARI SPORTS ASSOCIATION (IVSA), Affiliated with International Valari Federation (IVF) & School Games Federation of India (SGFI) going to organize NATIONAL VALARI SPORT REFEREE SEMINAR-2021 via Online. Kindly request all martial arts masters to support India’s 1st Traditional Art and attend the referee training.
Duration: 3 hours
Date: 31st Oct 2021
Fees for Seminar: Entry Free
Eligibility: Black Belt in any Martial Arts is preferred.
All Participants will get E-Certificate
Please fill the following link to send official invite:
Photos from a traditional wrestling event organized by the Traditional Wrestling Federation of North Macedonia on July 12, 2021. Special thanks to Hamid Bakija, Secretary General of the organization which is a partner of Traditional Sports.
Online International Conference on Traditional Sports and Games
Under: South Asian Traditional Sports and Games Association & Pakistan Traditional Sports and Games Association (TSG Pakistan)
In collaboration with Asian Traditional Sports and Games Association (ATSGA), International Traditional Sports and Games Association (ITSGA)
Date: 30-06-2021 Pakistan Time
Meeting ID: 718 2621 6701
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL SPORTS AND GAMES CONFEDERATION (ATSGC)
IN COLLABORATION WITH
UNESCO MULTISECTORAL REGIONAL OFFICES FOR WESTERN AFRICA in ABUJA AND EASTERN AFRICA IN NAIROBI
Ministerial Webinar on the Safeguarding and Promotion of Traditional Sports and Games (TSG) in Africa
Tuesday 15th – Thursday 17th June 2021 12:00 CAT