International Silambam Committee (ISC)
Silambam is a Mother of All Martial Arts developed in the Tamilnadu, India. International Non-Olympic Committee (INOC) had taken foot step to develop traditional sport. In the year 2019, INOC declared “Silambam” as Non-Olympic Sports and formed separate commission as “International Silambam Committee (ISC)”. ISC was inaugurated and hosted first International Silambam Committee (ISC) International meeting & referee seminar were held in Madurai, Tamilnadu, India. The primary objective of which was to lay the foundation for the future of Silambam. National Silambam Federations recognized by their National Non-Olympic Committees and Highest government sport bodies and thus ISC became the most important world governing body for Silambam.
The different styles of Silambam, mixture of the rules and lack of unified protocols that govern any type of competition indicated a need to create an international governing body containing International Silambam Committee (ISC) that could start to address these issues from an amalgamated universal perspective.
Dr. Mohammed Seraj ANSARI, President of the International Non-Olympic Committee (INOC) and Dr.Thiyagu Nagaraj, General Secretary jointly proposed a series of meetings that would produce not only the first combined international rules for Silambam, but also the establishment of the International Silambam Committee (ISC) on Aug 27, 2008.
Mission of the ISC:
• To promote Silambam Sport and Silambam Martial Arts internationally and take whatever measures are necessary to this end.
• To represent the interests of its members at International level with regard to the authorities, other Martial Arts Committees, the mass media and the public, in as far as this is not left up to the members.
• To promote Martial Arts contact between all Silambam institutions, Silambam authorities, Silambam teachers, Silambam guru, Silambam masters and individuals and to promote Silambam sport, Silambam sport championship, international/national conferences etc.
• ISC will support all country rules and regulations based on the requirement.
• To encourage all Silambam individuals, Silambam teachers, Silambam guru, Silambam masters, Silambam institutions, Silambam authorities, and Silambam institutions can connect in professional communication in the field of Silambam sport.
Unit No. - Office 512, Parsvnath
Planet Plaza, TCG - 8/8 & 9/9 Vibhuti
Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010, (U.P.) INDIA
Tel.: +91 94 5040 2066; +91 99 65 40 8000