On behalf of the symposium organizing committee, we would like to once again invite you to attend our annual international symposium "XI. International Traditional Sports and Games (TSG) Symposium on Nov 4-5, 2022, Gaziantep, Turkiye". We proudly partnered with many international universities and organizations in the last several years for this symposium. The symposium is organized by a joint effort by World Ethnosport Confederation, Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality, Gaziantep University in Turkiye, and Bowie State University in the USA this year.
The symposium aims to conduct scientific examinations and discuss the issues related to traditional sports and games comprehensively and develop sustainable applications for the survival of their existence in line with the conditions of our times. The symposium will be a means of gathering researchers on the subject, producing knowledge, and evaluating existing information with new perspectives, and the presented papers will be printed to contribute to the benefit of the scientific world.
TOPICS OF THE SYMPOSIUM (Some of the topics but not limited to)
• The historical formation, transformation, and transfer of the traditional sports games of the Eurasian nomadic peoples to other cultures;
• The militarily-structure of nomadic peoples in the world and the emergence of sports games;
• Implementation of traditional sports and games in the school settings and physical education
• The role of ethno-pedagogy in the development of ethnic sports of nomadic peoples in the world;
• The role of folk medicine and traditional nutrition in the development of sports games of nomadic peoples in the World;
• Reflection of traditional sports games on the art of cultures in the World;
• Reflection of traditional sports games in written sources, folklore, and literature of cultures in the World;
• The rebirth of ethnic sports games in Turkish peoples and their relatives in Central Asia, the Balkans, and the Caucasus;
• The scope of the etymology- terminology, rituals, evolution/transformation, national characteristics, meaninglessness, cultural aspects, and functions of traditional games and sports in the world.